[vc_row][vc_column][fancy_heading h1=”0″ title=”Remote Phone Control using the Parent App”]Note: this is an archive page[/fancy_heading][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Control and manage your child’s smartphone or tablet, directly from your own phone!
The MMGuardian Parent App enables remote phone control and management of the MMGuardian application that is installed on your child’s phone or tablet.
When your child has an Android device, use the MMGuardian Parent App to:
- Quickly locate your child’s phone, and see the location on a map
- Lock or Unlock the child’s phone with a simple button press
- Receive Location Updates and alerts such as when Text Monitor detects a word match
- View detailed device usage reports for app usage, calls, SMS messages and web browsing
Additionally, you may set and edit configurations for:
- Time Limits
- Track (Scheduled Locate)
- Call Block
- App Control
- Text Monitoring, and much more
The functions that are manageable from the Parent app are different for phones and tablets. For example location, Call Block or Text Monitor are not relevant for tablets.
If your child has an iPhone or iPad, use the MMGuardian Parent App to:
- Create schedules for when downloaded apps, movies and TV shows will be disabled
- Temporarily enable or diable downloaded apps
- Configure the other functions of the MMGuardian Parental Control app for iPhones
- View detailed web browsing reports
Installation and Use
You must first install and register the MMGuardian Parental Control, or Tablet Security, or Parental Control for iPhone and iPad app onto your child’s device. Then log in to the Parent App using the email and password that was used to register the child’s app.
Both your phone and your chid’s phone or tablet need to have network data capability, as the app uses data rather than SMS to send and receive commands and configuration information.
The Parent App does not itself need to be licensed, and is free to download and use. You may however purchase subscriptions or licences from within the Parent App, that will be applied to the MMGuardian app installed on your child’s Android phone or tablet. This avoids having to add payment credentials (credit cards etc) to your child’s Play Store account, which would be necessary if you were making the purchase from within the app installed on your child’s device. (Note: subscriptions for the Parental Control apps for iPhones can not be purchased from within the Parent App).
After the free 14 day trial period of the app on the child’s phone or tablet, unless the child’s app is licensed or has an ongoing subscription, usage reports and the parts of the Parent App that relate to Premium functions on the child’s app are disabled.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]