Updating MMGuardian on your child's Android device
Using Play Store to update the MMGuardian app
Updating the MMGuardian application on your child’s phone or tablet is done in the normal way for Android apps, by using the Play Store app.
- Open the Play Store app on the phone or tablet
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top, to the left of the Google Play words
- Tap on the “My Apps & Games” item, in the left-hand-side menu
- Apps that have updates available will be shown at the top
- Scroll down to the entry for MMGuardian and tap on “UPDATE”
By default, most Android phones and tablets are set to update apps automatically only when the device is connected to the internet via WiFi, and not when using mobile data, to save on mobile data usage or charges. This configuration is set from the Settings menu item in the Play Store app. In addition, each app has it’s own auto-update setting, in the Play Store app.