How Can We Help?
Introduction to MMGuardian
MMGuardian is a parental control system consisting of a Parent App, installed on the parent’s phone, which is used to manage and monitor the MMGuardian Parental Control app installed on a child’s phone.
When the child’s device is an Android phone, you will receive alerts when text messages, certain social media chat messages or web searches are indicative of sexting, cyberbullying, suicidal thoughts and more.
You will be able to monitor and block:
• SMS text messages
• Web browsing activity
• Application usage
• To whom voice calls are made*
Social Media Chat Monitoring
In addition to normal SMS texts, chat messages from Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram are reported. Also, alerts will be sent if the content a chat message is are appears to relate to one of nine special alert categories including sexting, cyberbullying and suicidal thoughts.
Additional benefits of using MMGuardian Parental Control when your child has an Android phone include:
• Alerting you when text messages or web searches are indicative of sexting, cyberbullying, suicidal thoughts and more.
• Alerting you when pictures on your child’s phone, or sent in an MMS message, are of an adult nature or indicative of sexting.
• Comprehensive reports covering:
– SMS and selected social media app text messages.
– Usage of applications
– Web browsing using the Chrome browser
– Voice Calls*
• Locate your child’s phone, on a map.
• Lock or Unlock the child’s phone with a simple button press
• Set or edit configurations for:
– Screen time limits: set up bed time and school times to control screen time.
– Application control: block or set up usage limits for apps and games.
– SMS block and Call block*: block calls and texts with undesirable contacts.
– Scheduled locate: set times to automatically locate the phone.
– Web Filter: block browsing of undesired sites in Chrome or the MMGuardian Safe Browser using easy age-based settings or customized rules.
* The features provided by MMGuardian and the functionality of the Parent App will depend on the type of device that your child uses (Android phone, Android tablet or non-Android device).