Parents say that texting and driving is now the Number 1 killer of teens on the roads and represents a serious danger to your own teenagers.
If you have seen the news recently, you have seen the dangers of texting and driving: death. Parents need to make sure their teens are not texting while driving and MMGuardian Parental Controlcan help.
Every time your teens texts while driving, they are in serious danger of paralysis or death. If you doubt it, just READ THESE STATISTICS:
- In 2010, 416,000 people were injured in distracted driving accidents. 3092 were killed.
- 18% of reported crashes were due to distracted driving. That number continues to climb.
- 40% of teens say they have been in a car while the driver was texting.
So, as a parent, how can you take action to make sure your children are safe and you can sleep at night?
- Talk to your teen. Tell them how dangerous it is to text while driving.
- Be real. Show them the statistics.
- If dialogue does not work, take matters into your own hands. Make sure your teen is safe, at times in spite of themselves. Use MMGuardian Parental Control’s Safe Driving feature, which turns off your teens’ ability to text when they are operating a motor vehicle over 10mph.
Parents: your teens need to know how dangerous texting while driving is and they need you to protect them. The question is, what will you do as parents to protect your teens?