Features of MMGuardian App for Android Tablet
– Know which apps are used, when and for how long.
– Spot whether your child is spending too much time playing games or is using their phone inappropriately during class or homework time.
– Use this information to decide whether to set or modify app usage restrictions in App Control.
– View all SMS messages sent by or to your child.
– Read as a conversation or view all messages each day.
– SMS reporting is enabled by default, but can be disabled.
– See who your child is talking with, when and for how long.
– Use this information to decide whether to set up or modify Call Block rules.
– Call reporting is enabled by default, but can be disabled.
– Keep abreast of what your child is searching for and viewing on the internet.
– You can use the Web Filter function to limit browsing to websites that you deem as appropriate.
– Web browsing reporting requires that the Web Filter is turned on and that your child uses the MMGuardian Safe Browser that is part of the MMGuardian application.
In order to reduce battery and data usage on your child’s phone, reports are only automatically sent once per day, just past midnight to cover the previous day. However, up to the minute reports from the child’s phone can be requested at any time of the day.
The flexibility of Time Limits enables you to set lock times that are tailored to the specific needs of your family and child.
You can set different lock times for school nights and weekend nights. And, if desired, additional times during the week to cater for activities such as sports training, music lessons or various periods of time throughout school days when you want to differentiate between class times and free time.
See also the App Control function for information about how to handle periods such as homework times, when you might not want to lock the phone totally, but would want to block games.
You can create groups of apps and assign different restrictions to each group. So for example, you may want to restrict use of games to only between 5 pm and 7 pm during the week, but to allow usage at any time at weekends.
Additionally, daily usage limits can be set such as to only allow games apps to be used for up to 1 hour per day.
There is also an option to automatically set newly installed apps to be blocked. You’ll receive an alert when a new app is installed and can decide whether to leave it blocked, to allow it but with usage restrictions or to allow the app to be used at any time.
Web Filter & Safe Browsing
When Web Filter is enabled, MMGuardian will automatically block other popular web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Accordingly, your child must use the MMGuardian Safe Browser to browse the internet.
When using the MMGuardian Safe Browser, categories of websites that are deemed inappropriate for the chosen age range will be blocked, based on the categorisation of the website content. Categories include Adult, Porn, Gambling, Drugs, Phishing and many more.
Whilst all you need to do is to select an appropriate age range, but you can also customise which categories will be blocked or allowed. Additionally, you can set ‘overrides’ to always allow or block specific web site addresses, irrespective of the site’s categorisation.
If you are using a Parent App on your own phone, the alerts will be delivered to that app and you’ll get a alert notification on your phone. The alerts are also sent to the Parent Web Portal, so can also be viewed there.
Protecting your child is priceless, but you won’t find a more cost-effective app.
“Exactly what I need”
Excellent app. MMGuardian lets me control my child’s tablet access and apps – exactly what I need
Very nicely designed app with super awesome user interface. App works nicely.
As a parent this is brilliantly versatile and the web filters are the best I’ve seen (and I’ve tested all the most popular ones on Google Play).
Does what it says! I feel better now leting my daughter keep HER tablet without watching over her shoulder too much! Thank you so much for all your help and fantastic support team!!!
Common Questions about MMGuardian App for Android Tablet
Either install the MMGuardian Parent App to your own phone or log into the secure Parent Web Portal using a web browser from a PC or tablet.
Yes, install the MMGuardian Tablet app for Android onto your kid’s device and the MMGuardian Parent App for iPhone on your own phone.
On-device functions such as Time Limits and App Control will work without an internet connection. However, commands to the app and alerts and reports from the tablet will be subject to delays if the tablet only connects to the internet sporadically.
Due to the way that these sorts of apps encode messages, it is sadly not currently possible to monitor and report messages or images exchange using these apps.