Parental Control for iPhone and iPad
Manage and protect your child’s iPhone or iPad experience
Install the MMGuardian Parental Control application to your child’s iPhone or iPad, and start enjoying peace of mind today.
With the MMGuardian Parental Control app for the iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad® installed on your child’s device, you’ll have access to comprehensive remote device management capabilities at the MMGuardian Parent Web Portal.
The app can also function as a safe browser with web filtering and detailed web history reporting.
Here is what you will be able to do:
- Set time schedules when downloaded applications will be disabled
- Send a command to disable, or enable, downloaded apps for a short time period
- Disable the App StoreSM, prevent app installation and block in-app purchases
- Completely disable the iTunes® store or set age based ratings for iTunes content
- Disable the device’s camera
- Prevent use of Face Time
- Block use of multi-player games in the Game Store, or prevent addition of new gaming friends
- Block access to porn and adult rated websites
- Set rules to block websites based on child age range and site category
- Review detailed web site history reports
- Lock and wipe the device, should it be lost or stolen
It is not possible to monitor app usage, calls or SMS messages on the iPhone.
Application Block Schedules
Set up schedules when all downloaded applications, movies and TV shows will be disabled. Use this function to turn off the games and other applications that your child has installed to their device. You might wish to prevent use of games during school hours, or set a block schedule for overnight to help ensure that your child does not play games or watch videos when they should be sleeping!
Quick App Control
You can also remotely send a command to temporarily disable all downloaded apps, movies and TV shows for a certain period of time, to enforce taking a break – perhaps for dinner time; or to enable apps as a reward for performing household chores, or when homework has been completed early.
Allowed Content and Ratings
Set age-based limits to restrict downloads from iTunes and usage of apps, music and videos to content appropriate to your child’s age.
If you are concerned about the new apps that your child may install or of them making excessive purchases, use the Applications management function to disable the App Store, disable the iTunes store, or simply prevent in-app purchases.
Safe Browser and Web Filter
In addition to preventing access to websites with adult or other explicit content, the MMGuardian system enables you to set web browsing rules based on site categories. With over 100 categories ranging from Actors & Models to Weapons, there is plenty of scope to fine tune the Web Filter to match your specific requirements. However, there are simple one-click age based defaults that will be suitable for most children!
If the taking of “Selfies” become an issue, you can disable the device’s camera. And also disable the Face Time app, to prevent video-chats with potential undesirable individuals. Device Functions also enable you to disable or restrict multiplayer gaming in the Game Center.
In the unhappy event that the device is lost or stolen, you can send a lock command to the device, or an erase command to delete the user data, apps and files.
When Web Filter is enabled, the app will send in reports of the browsing history, including attempts to access websites that were blocked.
Here’s a video showing how to install, register and enroll the app.
- Download the MMGuardian Parental Control app to your child’s device from the Apple App Store.
- Launch the app and register to create a new parent account, or log in to an existing MMGuardian account.
- Follow the on-screen steps to “Enroll” the device to the management system.
- After enrollment, on return to the app, set the app to Kid’s Mode.
- The app will now function as a web browser, but web browsing will not be restricted until you enable the Web Filter at the web portal.
- Log in to the Parent Web Portal to set up the required device and web filter configuration.
The MMGuardian application has full functionality for the trial period of 14 days from registration. There is no requirement to enter payment information to start the trial.
Following the 14 day trial period, you will be prompted to make an in-app upgrade subscription or purchase to continue using the features of the application. At this time, the purchase options include monthly or annual subscriptions at $1.99 and $19.99 respectively, or a 5 Year licence at $69.99. Please refer to: Pricing
- The application disable functions do not disable apps pre-installed by Apple such as the music, messages or phone call app. Your child will still be able to make calls and send and receive messages.
- Commands sent from the web portal will not be immediately executed at the device if it is turned off, or is out of range of wireless networks, or if mobile data/WiFi is disabled.
- It is not possible to monitor app usage, calls or SMS messages on the iPhone.
- The lost device functions may not work if the device is reset prior to the next time that it connects to the internet after a lock or erase command has been issued. If it is suspected that the device has been stolen rather than just mislaid, it would be prudent to promptly send a lock or erase command. As an additional measure to safeguard privacy should a device be lost, we recommend to always make use of the device’s built in passcode (PIN, fingerprint etc) “lock/unlock” function.
- Reports and any historical location data are automatically deleted from the system after 30 days.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- In order to find the location of your child’s iPhone or iPad, we recommend to use the free Apple Find My Phone function. Further details are available on the Apple website: https://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html